September 20, 2010

An opportunity...

9 days until I board an airplane to fly across the Atlantic Ocean and I think I might have figured out what I will be doing while I am over there!! While my previous plans to aimlessly wander the cities of Europe for three months sounded daring, lively, and adventurous the side of my personality that prefers solid and concrete plans is very relieved.  I've been offered an au pair position for a family who lives in La Spezia, Italy.  La Spezia is a coastal city about 45 minutes north of Pisa and an hour south of Milan. Just to the west of La Spezia is the well known and breathtakingly beautiful city of Cinque Terre. Since Italy is the main reason that I'm going back to Europe and I am in LOVE with all things Italian...wine, the lovely Italian language, wine, gelato, wine, Italian food, wine, beautiful Italian men (haha), wine...I am thrilled!!!

Coastal Town of La Spezia, Italy

The Debellini family has two girls named Margherita and Giuliana, one is 8 and the other 10. They would need me just during the week part time while the girls are at home to help them with their English and play with them. I would have the late morning to early afternoon off (while the girls are in school). I would also have weekends off to explore and improve my molto poco italiano language skills. Oh and they have a horse, a German Shepard, and a Beagle! For those of you who know me you also know my strong love for animals, in particular dogs, so this is perfect!

Giuliana with Cayo (dog) and Casablanca (horse)
Nothing is set in stone until I get there, as I've unfortunately learned in my previous opportunities that have fallen through, but this feels the closest to a solid plan as I've had yet so I thought I would share it with everyone! I'll post more as it develops. I'm currently looking into airfare from London to Pisa.

Ciao!

6 comments:

  1. I am ECSTATIC that you are posting a blog! This sounds amazing! Watch out for that German Shephard, it looks enormous! I can't wait to live vicariously through you! haha Can "we" leave now!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 days Ava...and trust me I need them all to get ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo pretty!

    I tagged you for something on my blog if you want to do it! There are some good "get to know you" questions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I talked to you today. Oh my gosh that town looks incredible. Dogs and a horse too? Do you think I could fit in your carry on?

    ReplyDelete